When you’re a Youtuber, you spend your days worrying about coming up with ideas and making videos. However, there are still few who search for the best time to post on YouTube and comprehend its advantages. By uploading a video at the right time, you can get more views, engagement, and interactions.
Of course, figuring out the optimum time to upload also improves a YouTube channel’s worth on the platform. But what’s the relation between the optimal upload time on YouTube and the progress of a creator? What are the best days and hours for uploading a video?
And how can you figure out the right uploading time according to your time zones? In this article, we will answer all these questions and explore this subject in great detail.
The Best Time and Day to Post YouTube Videos
YouTube, as we know, is currently the world’s most famous video streaming and sharing platform. It has more than 2.6 billion users globally, so there’s a constant flow of audiences on this platform. However, you should choose the best time to publish your video to ensure it attracts the maximum audience.
Doing so also increases the odds of your video appearing more frequently in search results against keywords. So, here are some of the experts’ recommended best times and days to release videos on YouTube.
- Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday are the days of the week when people are most active on YouTube. The engagement and interaction levels are at their peak these days, so they are suitable for uploading videos.
- Weekends, particularly Sundays, are also great for uploading videos as most people spend their day watching content.
- The recommended generic time for uploading YouTube videos is between 5 pm to 9 pm.
- It is best to upload between 8 am to 11 am on Weekends, as people are more accessible during this time. You can also post after 5 pm, but it might not be as effective. It is because most people go out on weekends in the evening.
- You can also choose to post a few hours early in the morning on working days. That is because most people visit social media platforms and YouTube before they head out to work. However, it is a hit or miss depending on the audience, so it is up to you.
What is the Worst Time to Upload on YouTube?
The weekdays are considered the worst time to index a video on YouTube, and the reason is simple. Since most people have to get up early in the morning, they don’t watch videos late at night. Also, most people don’t check their phones at work or during classes.
So, we can state that uploading videos on a weekday is foolish. However, since the best uploading time depends on the audience’s activity, we can’t be sure about anything. The worst time to upload for others may be ideal for you because of your audience.
Therefore, tracking your audience’s activity and finding the best uploading hours that work for them is recommended. You will learn more about this in the upcoming headings.
Does Posting Time Matter on YouTube?
Yes! Posting time matters a lot on YouTube and can make or break a video’s ranking. The time you choose for uploading your video can directly affect its engagement, views, interactions, etc. Basically, the idea behind uploading at the right time is to ensure that a video reaches the maximum audience.
How does that work? Well, it is pretty simple. When you upload a video when most of your audience is active, it will automatically get more views. That’s why experts emphasize that creators must explore the best hours for uploading their YouTube videos.
Following are some advantages that you can get by posting at the right time:
- Reach more target audiences and attract potential subscribers.
- Win the favor of the algorithm and get recommended to the target audience frequently.
- Keep your audience engaged by giving them content when they are there to watch.
- Show your content to a specific audience by shifting uploading hours according to that audience.
- Do video marketing more effectively and promote your products and services easily.
So, the next time you upload a video, make sure you do it at the right time. It is a simple tactic that any Youtuber can apply to boost their videos and channel progress.
How to Find Your Channel’s Best Time to Post?
As mentioned earlier, the best time to upload videos depends on your audience. Perhaps that is why experts suggest that one should find their own best time to post. Doing so enables you to create a custom uploading schedule explicitly articulated for your audience.
Also, it pleases the audience when you give them new content right when they get active on YouTube. In short, figuring out your channel’s best time to post should be your number one priority to make progress. But how can anyone predict the audience’s behavior? How can anyone tell when their target viewers are on YouTube?
Well, that’s where the analytics comes in. YouTube analytics is a feature that allows you to keep track of all the metrics on your channel. From the number of new subscribers to the average time a viewer spends on your video – analytics can tell you all.
The analytics tool is also perfect for finding the best time to post on your channel. Here’s how it works:
- Shortlist all your videos with the best view count and engagement rate.
- Now, start observing each video’s detailed metrics. Make sure to note the time when the videos were uploaded.
- Make a list of uploading times for all the best videos.
- Start looking for similarities in uploading times. If you see a specific pattern in upload time and days, narrow down that window.
- That time window you get after this inspection will be the best uploading time for your channel.
Remember that the audience’s activity pattern changes according to seasons too. So, apply these steps every few months to find the best time for uploading.
The good book says that there’s a time for everything! Of course, it is true even when uploading videos on YouTube. And as you have already seen, it can directly impact the ranking of your channel and content. Therefore, don’t make the mistake of ignoring this tactic and consistently post your content at the right time.
We hope that you have learned everything about the best uploading times on YouTube and their advantages. If you have any questions or confusion, mention them in the comments section, and we’ll resolve them.
Check out our blog page to read more tricks and tactics about YouTube and other platforms. Also, subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates and informative articles.