SoundCloud is a titan among all the music streaming platforms that have revolutionized the music industry. Over the years, it has helped many up-and-coming music artists start their careers, and they even learned how to get verified on SoundCloud to reach more audiences.
Speaking of verified, have you ever wondered why verified artists are different than other artists or why being a verified star is so vital? Well, when you’re a part of a music streaming platform with more than 76 million active monthly listeners, you need some way to stand out.
And what better way to stand out than getting a verified badge around your profile, which in the case of SoundCloud is represented by the infamous blue checkmarks. Basically, getting a blue checkmark helps you in two ways. First, it shows that you’re a renowned artist with a dedicated fan base.
The second is that it is an excellent way of standing out among a sea of rising artists. So, you see, getting a verified blue checkmark on your profile can be a big leap forward for you as an artist. Now, let’s see the requirements for getting an account verified on SoundCloud and the steps you can follow to get that blue checkmark around your profile.
Things To Check Before Applying For SoundCloud Verification
Before you go ahead and apply for the verification, make sure that your profile is well-oriented, as it will increase your profile’s chances of getting a blue checkmark. Here are a couple of things to keep in mind before diving into the verification process.
- Your face should be clearly visible in your account’s profile picture so it can be easily recognized.
- Link all your social media accounts to SoundCloud and add contact information and business inquiry email too.
- Write a very elegant and descriptive bio that lets people know about your personality as an artist and an idea of what kind of music you create.
- Secure a good number of plays and followers before you apply for the verification.
- Buy a SoundCloud pro subscription as it shows that you’re already a pro-level artist who deserves a blue checkmark on his profile.
Also, it will put your profile first in the line during the verification process. Once you make all these adjustments to your profile, it’s time to move forward and jump into the verification process.
How to Get Verified on SoundCloud?
Finally, we’re about to mention the steps you need to follow in order to apply for a pro badge on your SoundCloud profile.
Requirements To Get Verified on SoundCloud
Surely not everyone can apply for a verified account on SoundCloud, or the platform would be full of blue check-marked profiles. There’s a criterion that a profile must pass to get verified. Following are official requirements for getting a verified SoundCloud profile:
- The account should represent a renowned or highly searched artist, Dj, Label, podcaster, or curator.
- The artist himself should be the owner of the account. Fan accounts or impersonators don’t qualify for a verified profile.
- The profile adheres to SoundCloud’s terms and conditions and doesn’t contain any misleading information about the artist.
- The account should have a bio, artist’s profile picture, and at least one track on it.
If your account meets all these requirements, then let’s not waste any more time and apply for the verification, shall we?
How to Apply For a Verified Soundcloud Profile?
The process of applying for a verified SoundCloud profile is fairly simple and doesn’t require much effort. Just follow the given steps:
Step 1: Go to SoundCloud’s website and “Log In” to your account.
Step 2: Now, open the “Settings” option located on the top right corner of the screen and click on the “Request Verification” option.
Step 3: Enter your band, artist, or Dj name.
Step 4: Add the links to your social media account, YouTube channel, website, or any other source that can prove you’re a well-renowned artist and deserve to get verified.
Step 5: After that, click “Submit” to finish the process.
Yup! That’s all. Once you request verification, it takes SoundCloud 30 days to either accept or reject it. During this review period, try not to make any mistakes like violating terms and conditions or any other policy because it will blow away your chance, and your request will be automatically rejected.
Also, SoundCloud prevents you from making any major changes to your account, like editing your profile name, bio, or URL during the review period, as it can mess up the verification process. If your application gets rejected due to any reason, you can re-apply after 30 days.
Remember that applying for a verified account sure is easy, but maintaining your profile and meeting the criteria is the hard part, so focus on that more.
Benefits of Becoming A SoundCloud Pro
As mentioned in the earlier sections, having a SoundCloud pro subscription improves your odds of getting verified and helps maintain authenticity as a renowned artist, but that’s not all. There are tons of different benefits that you can avail yourself of with this pro plan.
SoundCloud pro unlimited, which is a must-have if you want to get verified, costs you $144 per year and gives you access to the following features:
- A pro badge on your profile
- Priority support for all your queries and issues
- Unlimited track time (which is limited to 3 hours only in a free version)
- Allows you to monetize your content and gives free access to SoundCloud repost.
- Access to advanced statistics like plays by websites, top listeners, countries, likes, RSS, etc.
- Access to VSTs, DAWs, sample packs, etc.
- Allows you to turn public comments on or off on your tracks.
- Advanced profile customization options
This is just a taste of what you can access with SoundCloud pro unlimited. The heights of fame you can achieve with this plan are truly ‘unlimited.’ So, go pro as soon as you can to make your mark on the platform.
Paying For SoundCloud Verification
There are several agencies out there that offer to get your SoundCloud profile verified for you and charge you quite a substantial sum of money for it. They boost up your number of likes, shares, and followers, which improves your profile’s value, and it gets verified.
Now, it might sound fascinating and easy to some people, but several different factors come into play in this business. For example, most companies just inflate your account temporarily, and once your account gets verified, all the followers just vanish. This can raise red flags and put your account at the risk of getting deleted by the SoundCloud team.
Of course, there are some well-renowned service providers in the industry as well that get your profile verified smartly and without any risk. Unfortunately, there are not a lot of such high-quality agencies, so it’s better to stay away from paying for a verified account than taking a risk and losing all your genuine followers and plays.
We hope by now you’re well versed in the verification process of SoundCloud and know whether you can apply for the blue checkmark right away or not. Don’t forget that if your profile doesn’t meet the criteria for verification, then it’s not a big issue.
Wait for some time and keep working on your craft. Eventually, you’ll get there, and soon your profile will also have a verified mark. If you liked this article and want to read more like this, please follow our blog, where we bring new content for our readers regularly.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What Is the Purpose of SoundCloud Verification?
To get a blue checkmark on the profile, which represents an artist’s fame and his widespread fan following. It also makes a profile stand out among a sea of profiles on SoundCloud.
2. How Many Followers Do You Need to Get Verified on Soundcloud?
There is no set number of followers needed to get verified on SoundCloud, but having a strong, engaged following will increase your chances of being verified.
3. Can I Change My Display Name on SoundCloud?
Yes! You can change your profile’s display name and URL by visiting your SoundCloud profile page on your desktop and clicking on the ‘edit’ button under your profile header.
4. Can I Re-Apply If My Application is Rejected?
Yes! You can re-apply in 30 days if your application gets rejected.
5. Which Platform is Better For Artists, SoundCloud or Spotify?
Since SoundCloud has better policies regarding distribution and content monetization, it can be said that SoundCloud is a better option for artists compared to Spotify.
6. Can I Stop People From Commenting on My Tracks?
Yes! If you have a SoundCloud Pro account, you can stop people from commenting on your tracks by turning off the public comments option.
7. Is SoundCloud Not a Thing Anymore?
It’s true that SoundCloud’s numbers of users have dwindled over the years, but it still stands tall with more than 76 million monthly listeners and is quite famous in lots of countries.
8. Can I Change My SoundCloud Username After Applying For Verification?
No! SoundCloud prevents you from changing any profile information after you apply for verification in order to keep the review process unbiased and consistent.